Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Oh, I'll Never Leave Montana Brother"

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow personalized with Smilebox
For 11 years I have listened to Josh's stories of climbing Stuart Peak, and have always wanted to see what he has seen, so for our 11th (dating) anniversary I got to go with him. It was an amazing experience. I will never forget the effort it took to climb 8.2 miles up hill in fresh powder, and the 8.2 miles down.
We started at 6:01 am and were off the mountain at 7:11pm. We had a lot of neat adventures, we are pretty sure a cougar stalked us most of the way and had a grouse get really territorial with us. I really admire Josh's strength, and his patience with me, and I am really amazed that I did it.
We did not make it to the summit as we ran out of day light, however we were eye level with it, after we skirted the saddle :) This summer we will attempt again. Thanks mountain man for picking me for your mountain girl, I love you.
And isn't Josh's beard awesome!!??

No comments: