Wednesday, February 2, 2011

29 and Feelin' Fine

Friday January 14th Josh brought home this lovely bouquet for my day. The funny thing was I saw the roses at Safeway on sale, and bought them for myself from dad, so I got two bouquets in one day, awesome!!
Saturday January 15th Aunt Becky came bearing Crazy Cake and chows on the annual fish tacos with us.

Sunday January 16th Mom arrived and we hit downtown Spokane, for a lunch at Nordstroms, a little shopping, and lots of girl time... returning late in the night for a game of Hearts with Josh.
Olivia and I went to TJ Maxx and then scamped to Borders Books for a steamer and read "The Little Princess" together, love my girl time with my new favorite shopping partner:).
Ethan and I hit the lanes for a little Duck Pin Bowling, the Canadian version of ours.


Riley's date had to be delayed so he got to go have my FREE cheesecake from MRPCo. then we were off to Borders and Target.

As most of you that are close to me know, the last time I saw my dad was on my 28th birthday. I didn't know exactly how to go about celebrating my birthday and really had opted to not this year. Fortunetly I am married to a man who is very wise and knows just what to say...
"Your dad would be very sad if he knew that he ruined your day, and the kids deserve to celebrate their mom's day."
How could I refuse to celebrate the life given to after that???
I asked for time with each of my family members closest to me. And I got just what I asked for!
And so began BIRTHDAY WEEK!! The thing I loved best was how everyone had the opportunity to just be with me, the kids are so fun, and I don't always get to take in all of their personalities because we are so busy as a whole unit. It was so fun. Thank you so much for a beautiful week.
*Josh and I went out to Red Lobster I got a FREE ice cream from Coldstone, and came home to play some more hearts, we just can't figure out what file his picture loaded to so... to be continued.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Lets talk about Hearts...we played a hundred games if we played one. Not to mention the Cribbage games. The great thing about a card game is all the visiting that happens. We laughed until we cried...literally. I have never seen Josh laugh so hard...it was priceless!! He was a great sport to deal with two giddy women. I think it was contagious. Great time!! Really the best!! XO Mom