Thursday, February 18, 2010

Training Shawn White Style


So this week I have a late weigh in, because come Tuesday I couldn't bring myself to face the scale after being off for four days due to illness. So I gave myself a little punishment/challenge...

In honor of the Olympics, which we completely dig as a fam, I am "training like an Olympian". Okay maybe not 4 two hour sessions like my buddy Apollo, but twice a day and doing different stuff. So to kick it off I went skiing Wednesday up at Blacktail with Riley. It was the third grade field trip and I am so glad my first time back on the mountain was with a bunch of 8 year olds. Although they rocked, Riley tested into the advanced class. Anyway, I was nerve wracked, I clicked my skis on that Josh had waxed thoroughly, and proceded to slip backwards down the hill. After that little snafu I was the only one on the Olympic run, and I got in the groove, just like riding a bike. I loved riding the chair lift with Riley, and was so glad to be on more snow than Marshall Mountain ever had to offer. So I came home went to the gym and ran my 3.1 miles, did a steam bath headed home and this week's results are...

February 18, 2009 = 158 lbs. Yahoo!

So for the next two weeks I look forward to participating in Yoga, swimming, running, snow shoeing, weights, skiing, etc... I am blessed to have the options and time!

No comments: