So today is the day, yuck. My weigh in. So before I get to final exposure, here are the first set of goals and why...
Why:
1. I want to be strong and healthy. There is so much wrapped up in my weight, the fact that I had nearly lost all of my weight from Ethan's pregnancy 2 years ago, and then we moved and I felt alone and reverted back to an old vice, food. I quickly put on 30 pounds in a year. It was a disaster to my self-esteem, which in turn didn't help my relationship as a mother and wife. And, so now, I find myself moved yet again, and I refuse to revert back. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but I am hoping that literally putting it out their for the world helps me to gain that stability I look for in myself.
2. I have to look smokin' hot in August for our Anniversary Party :)
So here are the results, as of September 2009 I have lost to date 29lbs. My first goal which is April 1, 2010 (ten years since Josh took me to prom) is to lose an additional 15. Beyond that I am truly hoping to lose 15 more by August 21,2010 (our ten year high school reunion, can anyone say motivation)....
Tuesday February 9, 2010 = 160 lbs.
So how do I plan on doing this?? I have a husband, three kids, two dogs, so let's just say I stay busy, but that doesn't keep me from reaching my own personal goals, something I have to train myself to think. My diet is rich in fiber, lean meats, vegetables, fruit and fat free dairy products, I take a ton of supplements to maintain health. We do not eat out more than twice a month, if that. I bake every Monday a special treat for FHE, and TRY to limit myself to one serving of everything. I work out, and I work out hard, usually 45-60 minutes of Biggest Loser DVDs, with recovery. I now have a gym membership that will expire March 12th, so I train there for the Couer d Alene 1/2 marathon, and the Missoula 1/2 I am going to sign up for. I will start keeping track of minutes and miles, thus the blog. I do yoga twice a week, and am so glad, I started practicing 9 years ago, and have gone back and forth on being active with it. So, as you can see I should be seeing results, but I still need to keep my calories down, because I have been stuck at 160, for about 4 weeks. I will say however I have never been stronger or less sick in my life, so results come in different variations through out this process.
Tune in for next weeks results. Today's goal to sign up for the Biggest Loser's Pound for Pound Challenge. Anyone that knows me knows I have a passion for that show, that literally gives people their lives back, and I admire each contestant for their commitment. So here goes!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You rock girl! I totally signed up for the pound for pound challenge too! I want to get off the holiday weight before tri-season gets here. Look forward to seeing your progress, I know your going to do awesome. You look great no matter what!
Good for you Katie! I know that about three years ago I lost 40 and 29 of it has come running back to me. I am working on my 29 pounds and would like to see half of it off by June as Don has a family reunion. I do really well until dinner time and then I lose it and so I have to get more disciplined and make better choices. So here we go! Good luck!
Post a Comment