Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Run Forest Run!!

This last week's long run was only supposed to be a recover short run, we thought we would do 4. We took off on the Swan River Trail, which is 2 in 2 back, the deal was, Josh would run first and I would walk as long as I could with Ethan and we would meet somewhere in the middle when he was done. Josh ended up doing 5 as he met me on the way back up the trail again, and I proceeded to take off... so I had done 3, ran 1 to the start, 2 back to the bridge (Josh and the kids were to pick me up at the bridge)... but they were taking a little longer than I wanted to wait which at this point I had done 6 miles, so I thought I will just run up the highway until they see me, 2.5 miles later I was FINALLY back in the car! It was pretty humorous as that meant I lapped them twice. So grand finale after running and walking (with the kids) ...
Josh 7 miles
Kate 8.5 miles
so much for a short recovery! BUT, we did get a sweet reward as we munched Greek omelets at the Echo Lake Cafe!
I will weigh in Friday this week!

No comments: