Thursday, June 3, 2010

Morrell Falls for Nathan

Baylin Bear and his growl on the hike was one of the most entertaining parts of the hike.
Girls smokin' dogs

Creek Crossin' Honeys

Josh and I in front of Morrell Falls

The 12 of us with 2 dogs

I was really excited about this hike, one it is really a fun hike, two it has a beautiful destination, and three it was a very healing hike. Nathan's birthday is May 23rd, and he would have been 31 years old this year. It has been nearly six years since Nathan went to Heaven, and in that time none of us have ever gotten to be completely together on that day, mostly because Josh and I have always lived some distance from the rest. So it felt amazing to have all of there, even little Baylin hiked the 3 miles and 3 out, on his mama's back. We enjoyed hot dogs roasted over a camp fire and steamed pudding a favorite of Nate's on pack trips. It was a great way to celebrate a great brother.

No comments: