Monday, May 16, 2011

Mama's Day

My poor hubby was soooooo sick for the best day of the year. It was so sad because he looks forward to waiting on me hand and foot all year. Some how he dug deep and pulled off yet another beautiful celebration of me being a mommy to his three gorgeous children.
I was told to sleep in, around 7am he whispered, "Okay the kids can't wait much longer they are so excited." From the door way I could hear Ethan whispering, "Is it today, today we get to surprise Mama??"...
The door opens with a tray laden with Toaster Strudels (this goes way back to the beginning of my mom's days pre-themostfabulousmalecookIknowJosh) to broasted eggs, a tulip bouquet, and a berry glazed smoothie. My babies brought up their plates and crawled on our bed. We ate breakfast together and then cleaned up quickly.


I got a new watch, poems, pictures, cards, and so much love. I went for a great run, and came home to a rose with three cards my friend Kristina put together for me... each of the kids were asked questions and these were my favorite answers : What Disney character would your mom be? (R) Mickey Mouse, (O) the Cheshire Cat, (E) Batman, cause she likes him. None of them Disney princess? Sweet.
I am so blessed to be a mom, and to be able to stay home and be a mom. I cherish each moment with them.
I am so glad I have such good women in my life, my mom, my mom in law, and my sister in law to rely on.
Yay girls!!

No comments: