Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Day












Let me just say that I looooooovvvvvveeeeee "staycations". No matter what you get to go to bed in your bed! I love that I am a tourist in my own community. Seriously there is so much to see it is pretty amazing!
Mom and Don came over to spend three days with us! I love that the kids get to see their grandparents so much and when they stay for extended time it's like everyone just gets to relax and really have fun. This was big stuff as Olivia had her first pedicure with the big girls, I got to share a little tub with her, and we all ended up with the best footsie massages. The "boys" (Josh, Papa, R and E) went swimming at the hotel and then we met up for pizza. Good thing the pampering happened because, the next day was RACE day! The CDA 5k (which fell perfectly with halhigdon.com training) was Sunday morning. Papa came to get me early and Mom and I rocked it.
Gwen's time: 32:59
Katie's time: 31:45 nursing an injury!

I love rounding the bend and seeing Papa there, I love him to pieces, and my Mom's commitment is awe inspiring, I love her to pieces too. We finished that off and headed to the Doughnut House, and arrived just in time for the kids and Josh to be waking up (I told them to sleep as it was a short race)...We showed Papa Tubbs Hill, then it was time to get the BBQ on! YUM! I love the first bbq of the year, it smells so good. Josh made a fire and we roasted marshmallows and visited in the backyard (can it get any better????). YEP!
Monday, we got up and met the oldens at Jimmy's Down the Street (featured on the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives), on to Figpickles toy emporium. The kids stayed for about an hour. Worth the venture if you want to make your kiddos day. We came out and beautiful thunderhead clouds were all around us, you can see the dragon I captured ;)
We finished our weekend with the Pearces at Rogers with some yummy mocha fudge ice cream (it's amazing really, oh I know I am not supposed to have treats until July oops ;) a girl can only be so strong)....
Josh and I took the to Hayden Lake for a walk, back home for Gnomeo and Juliet, popcorn, baths, cuddles, and bed. The best for last baby, finished the night with cutest guy ever watching the A-team and a Mr. T and Conan O'Brien, have a look below, it was hilarious!
And, this is why I blog, to keep our memories right there to dive in to when ever I want a looksee. Hope you had a gorgeous weekend!

No comments: