Friday, April 29, 2011

Tea for Two

His Royal Highness Prince William Author Phillip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor and his bride Princess Catherine Elizabeth
April 29, 2011
Kate Spade's for the Kates

If only I could have found a hat

Tea for two, but it ended up three, Josh texted me and told me he wouldn't miss watching it with me!
This was a big day for me. I am a history buff, I eat, drink, sleep British history so to watch it unfold was so exciting for me. Not only that, but what a beautiful thing for an estimated 2 billion to stop for a moment in time and pay attention to something that is not a tragedy, but a glimpse into some one's moment. As the Archbishop of Canterbury said "Each wedding is a royal wedding, we all start out Kings and Queen's of our own creation." He also said words that touche me deeply, and reminded me to rely on my God. So it was so worth waking up at 4:45am (which by the way I tried to go back to sleep when the alarm went off, but couldn't stand not knowing what Kate's dress looked like) I got to the gym just in time to see the second kiss live...and ran on the treadmill until 7. I came home singing that the Prince and Princess were married, got the kids off. Afterwards I told Ethan I was going to get dolled up for tea and a wedding. He ran upstairs and got ready "Look Mom I have gentleman's shoes" (Buzz Lightyear slippers). We made molasses cookies, egg salad, and tea... Josh came home in time to watch the tail end of the nuptials, and to witness the first kiss on the balcony. I have loved celebrating love today. Call me what you like, I am more than happy to throw love out in the world. So cheers and a cheerio to the weekend! See you for weigh in Monday.
AND YES THE TEA SET WAS MADE IN ENGLAND!!

No comments: