Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baylin's Angel's Brigade

I have some new team mates in our commitment to raising funds for Baylin's transplant.
This is an email I received from Baylin's Grandma and Grandpa Etzel, I will publish it for them and keep you all posted on the COTA fundraising!

Hi family and friends,
We just got back from Arizona and are finding the weather COLD here!
I set up a Benefit Account for Baylin at the Missoula Credit Union.  I am still waiting for the paperwork to be completed for the COTA (Childrens Organ Transplant Association).  As with any big organization they are  very slow.  Still waiting for the Dr. to fill out his part.  I checked with the credit union and any donations made to Baylins acct. are also tax deductible.
I know many of you have already donated and we greatly appreciate it.  Baylin thanks you as do his parents and his grandparents!
But those of you who still wish to donate may send your gift to:

Baylin Etzel  
benefit acct.#264189
Missoula Credit Union
3600 Brooks St
Missoula, Mt  59803

If you would rather send it to me I can make the deposit as well.
Carl or Mary Lu Etzel
4818 Scott Allen Dr.
Missoula, Mt  59803

When we got home it took Baylin awhile to warm up to us as we hadn't seen him for 5 months.  He is walking now and saying a few words.  He will be 2 in August.  The target date for the transplant is September if all goes well.  He is gaining a few ounces so hopefully will be up to 20# by then.  He is a cutie (he really is).  I will try to attach some pictures to this so you can see for yourself.  (keyword TRY)


Brett and Sarah have had a lot on their plate this last year.  Baylin has 12 hours of dialysis everynight which means Sarah hasnt had one day free of caregiving for 20 months.  And their other 2 children need some attention too.

Thanks in advance for your help and thanks for all the prayers and concern.  It's going to be long year.


Gramma and Grampa Etzel


PS:  Katie - would you forward this on to the Stevens side of the family?  We dont have any e-mails for them.  Thanks

No comments: