Current weight: 151 lbs.
Loss: 0 lbs.
This weekend I got to run the Organ Donation Awareness 5k. It was really a neat experience as they recognized my dad for being a donor, and Baylin for his journey to becoming an organ recipient.I loved that all the proceeds went to LifeCenter NW, they took care of all my dad's tissue donations. It was a "take your breath away" moment when they said my dad's name. I haven't heard Tim Barrett in a long time. I ran the the 5k in 31 minutes, okay time considering it was all uphill. My favorite part of the day was getting in the car with my cheering section (Josh and the kids) and reading a bumper sticker of a fellow racer
"Please don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here."
Total miles for this week : 12.1, 6 miles biked, bowflex
| Really small race just over 100 people, it was started by a mom and a daughter honoring their dad/husband, Marty Smalley who passed away waiting for a heart transplant. |
| Doesn't that look fun :p |
| 48th place, with my biggest fans! |
Goal lose 2 lbs, I didn't reach my goal, they aren't called "Can't Fit Through the Door" Potatoes for nothing :) BUT on a positive note... I bought some size 10 jeans at Costco, and was amazed, one that they fit, and two that they won't be fitting for long as they have already started getting a little baggy. I got up today at 5:45am and ran at the gym so for this non early bird catches the worm gal that's huge. Have a great week, make some goals and reach them!
No comments:
Post a Comment