Monday, July 11, 2011

Missoula 1/2 Marathon 2011

Can I just say, thank you Missoula. What an event they put on! It was just perfect. From the Kid's race to the Expo, the course, the shirts, the metals, the temps, the food, the vibe, it was so great!

I felt so strong this time going in, it is such a commitment and such an accomplishment. I was overwhlemed twice when I saw my time at 6 miles was 54 minutes and at 13 miles when I wasn't tired at all. God is good, and is there for you when you ask for His strength.

Highlights
Best signs :
 You got this KATIE!
All that's left to do is slay the dragon!
You can be my wing man any time, bull s*%#@ you can be mine.
Best cheer section:
4th Street Family, I really was needing a pick me up, and the eye contact with Carrie (it almost made me cry)
and hearing the cheers helped me so much! I love you guys!
Best apology:
The kid that threw his powerade all over me, he looked mortified and apologized profusely
Best laughs:
The guy that flew past everyone to insure his spot in the porta potty line
Looking across the bridge to see my mother had already finished a half hour before we
expected, her smile was priceless!
Best moment:
Crossing Higgins Street Bridge knowing my husband, my children, my papa and little brother were there for me, and that my mom was out behind me somewhere!
Best time:
2:08:18
M1/2 2010 2:17:42
Penticton 2005 2:10:53
Best Quote:
"She looks like she has a few more miles left in her!"
Jayson Cote
                     

No comments: