Atalanta was the Greek goddess of running. She was a great huntress and with her friend took down the carylon boar. Her friend whom loved Atalanta gave her the boar's skin out of respect for her first strike to the boar. This created jealousy amongst the other hunters and her friend was killed.
Atalanta felt like marriage was no longer meant for her after this, and returned to her father.
He was non too happy with her decision to not marry and demanded otherwise.
Atlanta solution, "I will marry the man who can outrun me in a footrace, as for the losers I get to kill them."
She fell head over heels for Hippomenes. He went to Aphrodite and asked for help to be
able to beat Atalanta in the footrace, she in turn gave him a basket of golden apples.
He spilled the apples, Atalanta picked them up one by one, and they lived happily ever after...
Oh, wait no, it's a Greek story... they were turned into lions that could not mate and thus
were seperated forever.
What does this have to do with my post? Nothing, I just love Greek history and I love Atalanta.
So as I round the bend of my training for the Missoula 1/2, I am feeling confident, that
I am going to obtain my goal of a 2:07 and even if I don't that's okay because...
I have lost 45 lbs.
I am nearly 30
I have grown 3 children from my body
I am in love
I am my own goddess of running
I could not have done it without the support of ...
I am so happy to be doing the race with...
So be sure to check back in next Monday as I reveal my time, my kid's race pictures and a final weigh in. AND I wouldn't just drop out like that! I am taking the Runner's World 10 week challenge for a 1/2 marathon and signing up for the Priest Lake 1/2 on September 24, 2011. Also, I wanted to let you know that Josh and I are not going to be doing the Hayden Tri, we are attempting another summit to Stuart, finger's crossed! So cheers my faithful reader's see you on the other side!
1 comment:
You look amazing! I hope your doing well, good luck with your race!
Post a Comment