Monday, April 23, 2012

Sweet Saturday

Saturday was a pleasure and a joy. Josh and I slept in til nearly ten, the temperature kept rising and the smiles got bigger. I geared up for my longest run yet, actually the longest run I have ever done, I've hiked farther but never run... it took me a while and I decided that it would be fun to have "I am so not a morning person on the weekends Race", why (whine) do they always have to be at the bum cracker of dawn?? I know temps and to keep from disrupting too much of the public's time, but just one race that starts after ten wouldn't kill anyone, would it?
Okay, so I am geared up and I hear,
"Mom I'll get the dishes done and then fuel up and go with you," 
from Riley.
Such a sweetie, so Riley came with his mama the entire
 13.3 miles.
 I did it in 2:19, and I really felt those last .3 miles.
There was nothing easy about it as much as I wanted there to be something easy about it!
But, half way there!
Last week's blog was fun and a little scary, and a little over joying to look at the hard work that I have accomplished.
So two questions I got "How did you do it" My answer "I kicked my own butt everyday"
 and the second
 "How did you get your stomache to look like that?"
 Now, I still have a ways to go to get that killer pack I am looking for, but as for how it is now... This is what it took, a lot of kettle bell (Riley snapped a shot for me) I use Jillian Michael's Kettle Bell Workout DVD, and it works. I went down 2 pant sizes in one month. Hurray!
I came home and took an ice bath, which was worse than any workout I have ever done, but it helped, a lot, took a nap, got gussied up... and Josh took us out to
and then we watched Dirty Jobs all together and snuggled before I was off to

with the girlfriends!
I do not like chic fliks, but this one was pretty good, and I am so glad I got to go hang for a bit.
I warned Josh that if I was going to go he had better be really romantic when I got home :D
I walked through the door and he grabbed me up and told me "I felt like a fish out of water every moment you were away." (We laughed and threw up in our mouths) and had a date of watching,
Wonderful Saturday!!!!

No comments: