Monday, April 16, 2012

Boston

Oh Boston, big beautiful, crazy inspiring, humbling, get off your duff wanna do something better with yourself, Boston.
So for Boston is like SuperBowl or The World Cup, but I can actually understand what is happening in the "game".
I knew it was today and didn't really think I would have the opportunity to see any of it, but lo and behold I snap on to fb to get the latest gabs, and there is a link to see Boston LIVE! Guess what I got to see? The finish! Now while the men's was inspiring, the women's was a surge that I squeeled over!
Congrats to Wesley Korir- 2:12:40 and Sharon Cherop- 2:31:50
If you have time I highly recommend watching Sharon's finish, from about mile 25.
So all that being said, I will first celebrate breaking 500...
This is what 500 miles has gotten me to, and it has been my constant goal up to the last two weeks (curse the Easter Bunny and his chocolate)
but I am pretty proud of this little pic taken after an ab workout. I am as close to a normal Jane as it is going to get, I can't workout for hours upon hours, I don't give up sweets, but I have come a looooonnnnggg way...
2008
2012

Just in case you forgot, because I do and need reminded...
Secondly, I needed to cry silently at losing nearly two weeks of training due to lung illness. I am heading to the doctor Wednesday. However, I did run my fastest 5 miles yet on Saturday, but man was it ever ugly, snot and cough pretty much sums that sucker up.
my little treasures
So gear wise I am ready, leg wise I am ready, lung wise a major set back, heart wise I picture the finish every time I lace up. I am trying so hard not to let this get me down.
So this week's goal is: Get well
 I have heard from so many of you asking me to keep this up, so please let me know how you are doing, on fb or on here, I need the lift too :D
Cheers and KEEP IT UP!

No comments: