Riley's empty shot shell he found, and wearing Grandpa Bear's sunglasses.
My lady bug from Dad.
The death of my dad has been a process to say the least, and as I sit hear tonight I know that writing this is one of the harder things I have ever done. It shows that now I have to move forward and keep him with me, and each blog I post puts his post further down the line, which is hard for me. Although, I know that Dad would not want me to put all of the goodness that has been and awaits on hold. Thanks to all of you that read this for being patient with me.
Saturday, April 10, 2010, was the date I picked to do my dad's memorial. We held it at the church in Missoula, and it was beautiful. We had to set up two extra tables, I was humbled to say the least, at the turn out. My cousin Carrie and her friend Matt played the fiddle and guitar for dad, the two songs I picked were "Amazing Grace" per dad's request and "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"... they did a wonderful job. Special thanks to Bishop and Sister Tuckett for their help, and a special special thanks to all of you that brought food. I think everyone was comfortable and comforted. We finished the day by taking dad to Ninepipes and scattering his ashes there. It is about 50 miles from my house, and nearly half way to Missoula so I can stop whenever we go into Missoula. It rained/snowed for four days prior and four days after, but that Saturday was bright blue-sunshiny skies, and I believe it was for Daddy.
The moment I finished scattering his ashes a little lady bug landed on my wrist, it was so special, and several times I have had those moments, tender mercies. Riley found an empty shot gun shell the moment we arrived, and we saw two little ducks in a pond, and a lone goose on the side of the rode, (it made me think of Quentin the goose)...it may sound like a lot of coincedences, but I chose to believe in them, and from that find strength. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, your prayers, and your love. I love you all.
Saturday, April 10, 2010, was the date I picked to do my dad's memorial. We held it at the church in Missoula, and it was beautiful. We had to set up two extra tables, I was humbled to say the least, at the turn out. My cousin Carrie and her friend Matt played the fiddle and guitar for dad, the two songs I picked were "Amazing Grace" per dad's request and "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"... they did a wonderful job. Special thanks to Bishop and Sister Tuckett for their help, and a special special thanks to all of you that brought food. I think everyone was comfortable and comforted. We finished the day by taking dad to Ninepipes and scattering his ashes there. It is about 50 miles from my house, and nearly half way to Missoula so I can stop whenever we go into Missoula. It rained/snowed for four days prior and four days after, but that Saturday was bright blue-sunshiny skies, and I believe it was for Daddy.
The moment I finished scattering his ashes a little lady bug landed on my wrist, it was so special, and several times I have had those moments, tender mercies. Riley found an empty shot gun shell the moment we arrived, and we saw two little ducks in a pond, and a lone goose on the side of the rode, (it made me think of Quentin the goose)...it may sound like a lot of coincedences, but I chose to believe in them, and from that find strength. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, your prayers, and your love. I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment