Oh how I have missed this post! Summer is my "off" season I try to coupon very little if not at all. So I was delighted when I thought this weeks "Deal of the Week" I got for free...
Our neighbor is a bee keeper and keeps us well stocked on honey. It is a pretty fun feeling feeding the kids yogurt I made covered in honey that is made in the field across from us.
The other deal was Josh took us on a hike to Beehive Lake, what we thought from the map we had was a 2 mile hike ended up being a 3.3 mile "technical climb" we made it to about a mile before the lake and decided we could either go all the way or spend an hour picking huckleberries. We opted the latter.
The most exciting part of the day was our bear encounter... he was a small bear that wanted nothing to do with us, but Olivia and I were yapping it up when we heard Josh say "Katie just walk back slow to me." I knew the tone something was up, so we got back to him looked ahead and there he was...
and there he went!
By the time we were done, the moon was full upon us and we were starving!
Hamburgers, shakes, and tater gems are reward for any kids that hike 5.5 miles with out complaint!
So there you go the deal of the week!! Pretty good one, huh :)
No comments:
Post a Comment