Monday, June 27, 2011

Metamorphosis

How do you know you have a good hair cut? When no one notices you took 6 inches off. It even took the husband a good 5 minutes and he is the one that wanted the long locks. My morph into my new self is almost complete.
This week I got blocked in by Ironman so I couldn't complete my long run on schedule, as Josh would say "You just have to be fluid." So 9 miles tonight! I am really excited, the 1/2 thon is 12 days a way and I feel strong, I am consistently faster and train on nothing but rolling ginormous hills out in the back 40. I focused heavily on yoga and be nice to my leg last week. My best run of my life was a 5 mile one last week. Riley went out for the first mile and then on my 4th I turn to see all my boys biking behind whooping and hollering (Olivia was in Missoula with G&G Stevens)... I stopped to smile at them and Ethan insisted on jumping off and hugging me!!!! I was super thirsty and told the boys the last hill is a hot killer so Riley biked home and got my the best tasting ice water ever! Thanks boys!! 
Cheers to the Ironmen and women!! It was an inspiring event those calves just rock!! I love that Craig Alexander smashed the record, but what I am more interested in is the person that finished last, that kind of endurance is worth cheering for!! Best Ironman moment we were watching the biker's and a man about 65 pedaled by and smiled "Lookout you are watching this in slow motion!!"

No comments: