Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How Great I Am


Please click on this and be filled up like I was.
Let me tell you a secret, I don't like admitting defeat. Defeat to illness in particular. I am battling my third case of upper respiratory since marathon training began. I have always battled my lungs in one form or another. Growing up asthmatic I was always in the hospital. I gave into the belief that I couldn't do what other kid's did, but no more.
I have read that distance runner's get to a point where they begin to deplete their immune system, and this year in particular has been heinous as far as germs coming home from school. The school has sent home several reports... Chicken Pox, Whooping Cough, Mono, Influenza A and B, Pneumonia, etc... it has been up hill battle.
Today I announce I will show you "How great I am." I will battle this sickness. I will re cooperate. I will show you how great I am.
I will run 18 miles, and come home to do three loads of laundry. I will run 20 miles, and cook dinner for my family. I will mark over 50 miles in a week and paint a marvelous painting, I will do push ups, sit ups and anything required to meet my goal, and be a full time present wife and mother. I will love me and worship all that my body does, for I will put my hand on my heart each night and know that I have purpose.
I will show you how great I am.

No comments: