Saturday, May 5, 2012

Get Some

As I was reading last night my "Marathon" book Hal Higdon wrote "You have to be your motivation, it has to be in you." He recommended keeping a blog, throw your training out there into cyber space, even if no one reads it at least you put it out there if someone ever does.
I haven't been very good about doing it once a week. I got a little burnt out about the whole thing. I love blogging about the fam, but myself once a week can get a little I don't know, embarrassing. However, I do think it helps, and this week I was reminded by a few videos of what it is to dig deep, and to be sooooo excited about my goal.
I have also started to fall in love with Coeur d'Alene. I didn't think it would happen, I resisted, played hard to get and finally it just naturally happened. On my long run last weekend, I was able to go 11 miles from a small neighborhood to the Centennial Trail that followed along the lake, through down town, through a neighborhood where I can only day dream of living someday, back along the lake. It was magical. The run glided along (well in my memory it does, in reality I was a bit tired), but truly it made it so enjoyable. This video reminded me again of why I am starting a mad love affair with the area...


I can't NOT get excited about my upcoming run tomorrow after watching that, when you think something is impossible, watching someone accomplish it makes it seem tangible.
So here is the mileage:
4/24/12 3.9 miles 34 min, ran from our home to Hayden Lake, met the family took the dogs for a swim got a ride home :D
4/26/12 7.5 miles Big Loop
4/28/12 11 miles 1:44:54 (had we kept going for a 1/2 marathon it would have been a PR for me!!)
*Ran with Lizzie, Tracy, and Kim, absolutely the best run ever
4/30/12 60 min. Yoga Session with Roni
5/1/12 Kettle Bell and 3.2 miles 28:22
5/2/12 7.6 miles 1:13
5/3/12 3.0 27:10
Total Mileage: 36.2
YTD( from April 5th): 58.31

"My strong is dreaming BIG and running long."

No comments: