Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ned Elisher Stevens March 2, 1922- August 5, 2011

Josh's dear grandfather, "Grandpa Nampa" passed away on August 5, 2011.
The word wonderful meaning : 1. Capable of eliciting wonder; astonishing 2. Admirable; excellent: , does not do him justice. Ned was what every child being born or married into the family considered the perfect grandfather. We will miss him dearly and all his poems, good advice, and his kindness. I hope he is learing to play that banjo as he and I discussed our little wish in life. I know that Nathan is joyous to have his grandfather with him.
Ned's funeral was one of the most beautiful scenes I have personally witnessed. The mass of people that came from two people's love was overwhelming. To see first hand so much love, hope, and support was a very humbling experience.
When the soldiers delivered the flag to Margene it took my breath away. We were so blessed to see a WWII vet layed to rest.
We love you Grandpa Nampa, and will miss you, but will always feel you in our hearts.









To read Ned's obituary please go to:

No comments: