So my friend Nichole (penniesinyourpiggy.blogspot.com)converted me to the coupon side... and it has been amazing! It all started when on earth day Reynolds was giving away one roll of their recycled aluminum foil. I can't believe what a difference this has made in our world! Here is what we have done so far, this is our budget consisting of groceries, health, beauty and diapers, and eating out...
My favorite scenario doing this was... Rite Aid offered $25 gift cards for each prescription to them. I decided to do the kids fluoride, and since Josh had been laid off and his new company doesn't offer insurance, Rite Aid did a discount, so I spent $22 on 2 presciptions, and received $50 in gift cards. I then turned around and went shopping for Claritin, Listerine, and eye drops for Josh. My total was $83, I then used my $50 gift cards, taking my total down to $33, I then gave all my coupons that I had printed or clipped equaling $20, taking it down to $13... then I sent in my rebates!! I got my $6.49, now my total is $6.51, then I got a rebate for my Listerine equaling $5, total now$1.51, then I got $6 rebate from Claritin, my total now +$4.49 (in my pocket) PLUS if I bought $50 worth of Claritin before coupons I got a $25 gift certifcate to Rite Aid for a future purchase so I am now at +$29.49 in my pocket, with 3 boxes of Claritin, 4 Listerines, 1 eye drop, and a hot wheel for Ethan!!
We have paid out of pocket $439.04
We have saved $482.17
along with...
FREE Blizzard from Dairy Queen
FREE 6 movie tickets
FREE 6 DVDs
FREE two year subscription to LEGO mag for Riley
FREE aluminum foil
FREE Sarah Snow Organic Living Cook book
FREE recyceld tshirt for Josh
FREE pack diapers from Huggies for Sarah and Brett
FREE Juicy Juice cup for Ethan
FREE year subscription to Organic Gardening
FREE year subscription to Kiwi magazing
FREE 2 Mother's Day personalized greeting cards from Hallmark
3 $5 gift cards from General Mills
3$5 gift cards from Target
Paid $2 for a $25 gift card to Wingers Resteraunt
.95 cents off a gallon of gas which equals $21.00 off our gas
$50 gift certificate to Rite Aid
$25 gift certificate to Rite Aid
$50 towards our groceries for opening a checking account with US bank
Can't beat that, it's been a good three weeks and can't wait to see what the next bit brings us!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome job Kate!! You are one Krazy Coupon Lady and you know that I'm your biggest fan!
OKay so what is the secret?? Where do you find the deals?? I get the paper since I deliver it but I don't think I read it carefully enough or something...Also, I look at coupon mom.com and haven't been faithful as I should...So what is the secret??
Post a Comment