Yesterday in church the bishop asked us if we would read the Book of Mormon again. I love what he said, "Even if you have read it 50 times, read it 51, if you have read it once read it twice, if you haven't read it, read it for the very first time."
This thought came into my head, someone, Joseph Smith, sacrificed his life so that we could have this book. So that all might know the fullness of gospel. What would I do today if I knew someone had sacrificed their life to give me (essentially) a letter from my father. I would read the letter and be so grateful to that person, and ever indebted for their service. Our Father in Heaven gave us words in the scriptures to help us, to let us know He cherishes us, to help us find our way through this ever changing life, to know better how to rely on Christ, to know how powerful that can be. I am so grateful the I have the Bible and the Book of Mormon as a guide, and am really looking forward to sitting down more often to read my "letters" from my Father, that my friend, Joseph, gave his life to make sure I could.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Katie,
Your gift of writing is extraordinary! You are able to write what most people are unable to express in any manner.
I love your analogy. Joseph really does feel like my friend. The sacrifices he made and the impact he has had on generations is remarkable. We should remember that our testimonies can have like responses to those aroud us. Yours has! Look at me.
Having read the Book of Mormon I know that rereading it the key. Just as our needs change daily so does the message we receive from the scriptures. Our Heavanly Father's word is our spiritual nourishment and should be "consumed" daily. I know the blessings from those readings!
I love you sweetie...more then I can express!! Mom XO
Post a Comment