I thought about all the fun we have had this fall. It is amazing the feeling that comes at this time of year when the days are busy with activity, but the nights, get cozy and familiar. We have been busy as ever. As I said before school started, we had soccer for the first time in our lives! The kids did wonderful! It was a treat and a showing of our commitment to them watching them play Saturday mornings! It was cold much of the time, thus the commitment part.
Before we could turn the heat on this year we decided to have our air ducts cleaned, as our house is 30 years old, and has a lot of messy remodeling done to it, that goes straight to the duct work, and then on to blowing straight into our lungs. It was an investment, but really was worth it, we probably won't do it again for another 5-10 years. Anyway the point is, we couldn't turn the heat on until we did that, and it got cold for about three weeks! We decided to fire up the wood stove, so we used our Christmas tree from last year which did not go far... so we called our friends the Blacks, and Weston said he would sell us some. We had Family Home Evening with them, cutting, unloading the truck, loading the truck, unloading the truck again, hot dogs, poem by the bonfire, and marshmallows, it was great!! And a swingin deal! All the pictures are on Kristina's camera so maybe she can post some on her blog, hit The Blacks to the right;)!
Kristina, Nicole, and I followed the Prophet's heed and cannned like crazy! I ended up with 14 bottles of apple sauce, no sugars, just beautiful apples, that Troy brought home for all of us. There is a large amount of satisfaction knowing that you prepare your family with your own two hands. Looking forward to next week when more apples come our way!
All and all as 2007 is rapidly coming to a close, I realize more and more how blessed we are. We live in a country where all people have the right to vote, and voice their disdain openly without prosecution. We have a roof over our head, and beautiful children. A wonderful marriage, a warm fire, good food, the best friends, and the knowledge that we are part of something greater than ourselves, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The closer I draw near, the more apparent our blessings are, and the more content I become in this life, and truly the more love I feel for all people in this world. So even if it is crazy, it is worth it, as Emily Dickinson said, “To love is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.”
Before we could turn the heat on this year we decided to have our air ducts cleaned, as our house is 30 years old, and has a lot of messy remodeling done to it, that goes straight to the duct work, and then on to blowing straight into our lungs. It was an investment, but really was worth it, we probably won't do it again for another 5-10 years. Anyway the point is, we couldn't turn the heat on until we did that, and it got cold for about three weeks! We decided to fire up the wood stove, so we used our Christmas tree from last year which did not go far... so we called our friends the Blacks, and Weston said he would sell us some. We had Family Home Evening with them, cutting, unloading the truck, loading the truck, unloading the truck again, hot dogs, poem by the bonfire, and marshmallows, it was great!! And a swingin deal! All the pictures are on Kristina's camera so maybe she can post some on her blog, hit The Blacks to the right;)!
Kristina, Nicole, and I followed the Prophet's heed and cannned like crazy! I ended up with 14 bottles of apple sauce, no sugars, just beautiful apples, that Troy brought home for all of us. There is a large amount of satisfaction knowing that you prepare your family with your own two hands. Looking forward to next week when more apples come our way!
All and all as 2007 is rapidly coming to a close, I realize more and more how blessed we are. We live in a country where all people have the right to vote, and voice their disdain openly without prosecution. We have a roof over our head, and beautiful children. A wonderful marriage, a warm fire, good food, the best friends, and the knowledge that we are part of something greater than ourselves, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The closer I draw near, the more apparent our blessings are, and the more content I become in this life, and truly the more love I feel for all people in this world. So even if it is crazy, it is worth it, as Emily Dickinson said, “To love is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.”
No comments:
Post a Comment